BOSTIK SUPER GASKET is a neutral curing BLACK polymeric sealant which cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture to a tough, flexible elastomeric silicone rubber capable of withstanding temperature extremes (-60°C to +300°C) and resisting water, mineral oil, transmission fluid, and anti-freeze.
Uses / Applications
• Formulated to replace cork, felt, rubber and asbestos gaskets
• Can be applied to numerous areas, such as axle covers, bearing cap seals, fuel pumps to blocks, intake manifolds, keyway slots, oil filter housing to blocks, window gaskets and seals, bearing plate gasket, engine base gasket, tappet covers, valve covers, water pumps and associative housings.
• It is also suitable to be used in place of lamp cover gaskets, lamp housing gaskets, to seal ignition units and cable entry points.
• FIPG (Formed In Place Gasketing) and CIPG (Cure In Place Gasketing) applications
• Very strong adhesive
• Repairs in ovens
• Adheres to all types of alloys and metal used in engine and motor construction
• Also displays excellent adhesion to siliceous materials e.g. ceramics, glass, enamel, varnished wood and to alkaline surfaces e.g. concrete, asbestos, plaster and stone
• Should not be immersed in petrol